Even though I always have the best of intentions for Christmas Cards, I know that even though I make it 3/4 of the way through them, they never make them out the door. I am starting to think I have some strange disfunction that won't let me finish a project. I like to call it ADHD, but some have called it "Being Lexa".... But alas, I digress!
Happy New Year! I don't write what I accomplished in the last year here, but rather of what didn't happen in 2007.
I didn't have the mortgage default due to the lack of "completion" on our home. We were able to pull off "The Extreme Fakeover" and meet the company's mathematical solution of saying the project was done. That is, wherever the money was put in the budget, that item had to be completed. So, we changed the budget around to match what we had completed :) Hey, it's their rules!
I didn't have any car accidents or broken bones in the family. I want to say I didn't have any emergencies last year, if I did, I want to say it was Caroline having an asthma attack last year. Just don't remember if it was Dec 2006 or Jan 2007. Either way a blessing, compared to the years we had skull fractures, and broken arms and preterm labor and Nicu's. I could do without ever seeing the inside of a hospital again (sorry ky!).
I didn't have any lawsuits filed against me in Real Estate. The few deals I did my Broker said he had never seen anything so difficult in his 35 years of real estate. Lucky ME! I'm not ready to jump back in so quickly over here in NM, but we will see!
And best of all, I didn't have to have Christmas in that monster we like to call a house in St. David :) New Mexico, though slightly colder than St. David and Duncan, is more like a Texas than a Lordsburg, thank goodness. We have lovely huge trees, and grassy yards, and a small playground on every corner. The house we are in has two master suites, and I haven't decided which one I'll be using yet :) The other will be guest quarters. My kitchen is wonderfully large and functional, and Mark is home every night by 5:30. And did I mention weekends and holidays off? This is almost a year long vacation more than work for us both.
We love you all and hope you have a prosperous and healthy new year!
The Wyld 1z
No comments:
Post a Comment