February 17, 2008

Jewelry 101...or more like 010

Since working for the Ebay Gemstone Beads place, I have had a lot of material to make things. Fortunately, my new V.T. Partner here has been making Jewelry for a part time income sorce and so graciously has been tutoring me. She taught me how to wire wrap last night, and I made a pair of earrings. I have to show them off!This is a wire wrap that the little gemstone ball actually fell off the pin. I did this after my second attempt (Apparently I am a fast learner, my tutor says!) Wire wrapping is where you take what basically is a straight pin and curl it and wrap the wire around to make a loop you can attach it to stuff.

The Red Briolette Bead is one of the hardest ones to learn. As Junie B. would say, It didn't turn out that professional.








The finished pair of earrings is shown below. Modeled by me. No I don't have a manager for my modeling career yet.




No comments: