May 12, 2008

1148 Miles, 22 hours, and Four Kids with Small Bladders

Last weekend was really exciting for us.  Mark's sister Sammie was sealed to her husband Doug and their children.   Of course that meant taking a whirlwind trip to Mesa from Roswell.  The trip actually went well.  

We left Thursday and got to Safford at midnight (Arizona time) and stayed the night with Shirley and Ed.  Of course the kids don't sleep in and we were up at 6:30 the next day.  After breakfast, visiting, and lunch, it was back in the car for another 3 1/2 hour drive to Mesa.   We got to Mesa around 4, and found out the gov't stimulus check was deposited so of COURSE we tried to figure out what to spend it on as quickly as possible.  (We're doing our part to stimulate the economy).  We decided that my poor broken laptop with the external monitor and thousands of cords wasn't going to last much longer so we went to the Apple Store and bought a new iMac.  I love it and it has all kinds of gadgets.  BUT I digress about the real reason we went!

We went through a session with them at 10:30 and then they were sealed around 1:15.   I haven't been to a sealing with children before and they were all so beautiful and everyone was teary eyed.  It was such a blessing to be a part of that.  

Thankfully Ky and Lynaya brought our kids and a camera and took pictures of everyone because everyone else's cameras were gone missing or broken.    
Later that night it was back in the van, back to Safford to sleep for the night, then up and gone by 9:00 AM back to Roswell.  We made it back around 6:00 pm NM time and I am still trying to recover.   I won't say never again... but I will think long and hard about a plane ticket!

No comments: