Lindsey gave the list, I'm just filling it out :) Thanks for tagging all of us Lindsey.
1. What skill do you most want to learn this year?
Well, I already learned how to cut up a whole chicken, that was something I wanted to learn. I think the skill I most desire though is to develop good study habits. Not only for me, but for my children too!
2. What is one skill you already have that you’d like to improve this year?
I think I want to improve my jewelry making. I really enjoyed doing that last year, and haven't even touched my beads since I moved back to Arizona.
3. Name three books you most definitely want to read in 2009.
The second novel following Hunger Games, whatever the name will be, The Book of Mormon, and The Last Lecture.
4. In what specific area do you most want to encourage your spouse? What are some ways you can do this?
My hubby has issues with perfectionism when it comes to home projects. He is so worried about doing it right, we usually don't start. I think him understanding that even if it's not perfect, its a learning project, perhaps he can let go a little. I can help by never being critical of his work, and heaping on extra gratitude when he finishes.
5. Think of one of your major life goals. What will you do this year to make you one step closer to reaching that goal?
One major life goal is to be completely out of debt. That won't happen this year, but I am going to work at paying off those last few pesky credit cards, and paying more on the cars.
6. Name your kids’ biggest strengths. What are some ways you can specifically nourish those strengths?
Katrina's is drawing and art. Carlie's is singing and dancing. Mace's is sports and getting energy out. Tay's is still developing. I think I am going to help each kid take a few hours each week to improve their talents.
7. Name your kids’ most prominent weakness. What are some ways you can encourage their ability to overcome it?'
All of them are so distracted and disorganized, I am worrying for their own safety even. We're already working with professionals to get things under control.
8. What is one of your strengths? Think of some specific ways you can exercise it this year.
Wow...I don't know. Maybe this can be my goal, to figure out a strength I have.
9. What is one of your weaknesses? Brainstorm some ideas on how you can overcome this deficiency.
What isn't my weakness? LOL
10. Think of an important relationship aside from your spouse and children. How will you nurture that relationship this year?
I am working on connecting with my brothers and parents better. I dont' think we are as close as we could or should be.
11. Name a few ways your physical health could be improved.
Getting back into an exercise routine, and eating more veggies and fruits. I let my kids get away with bland, tasteless foods for too long, we are getting them some new veggie or fruit to try once a week.
12. Name a few ways your family’s financial health could be improved.
See Number 5
13. In what way do you want to draw closer to God?
Getting in a daily habit of scripture study and prayer.
14. What is one area of home management that frustrates you? Think of some specific ways you could improve your attitude about it.
My home is huge, but I still don't have a place for everything and everything in its place. I get overwhelmed with the projects I have to do and give up too easily. I think my attitude towards it would go a long way into getting it done.
15. Have you ever created a family mission statement with your spouse? If so, why not do one for this year?
No, I guess so :P
16. Name one specific thing you could do with your spouse this year that will deepen your intimacy.
Getting to spend time without kids. It seems we always have the kids, and as a family we're strong, but as a couple we don't have the time to reconnect with each other.
17. What is something that is continually undone in your life? What will you do to fully complete it this year?
I seem to always have chaos. ALWAYS. I think if things are going smooth, we're just suppose to be bracing for the next thing. I wonder if I bring it on myself. Accomplishing my other goals might help this one.
18. In what ways will you be involved with your local community?
I am thinking about this one still, because I don't want to over do myself, but I think I want to get involved in the PTO and School. If not that, I will at least be a 4-H leader and participant.
19. What is one thing you’d like to accomplish by your birthday this year?
I want to have my children learn how to swim.
20. Think of three words you’d like to describe your 2009.
Miracle of Miracles
No comments:
Post a Comment