I go through spurts, where I can think of a hundred things to write, and then I go for a few weeks that I can't think of anything.
So here is all the happenings that are so boring they don't deserve their own posts, but posting them will keep me positive and motivated:
The gas line is installed. Mark dug the trench by hand, and it is installed and held pressure. Wow, I might have heat before spring...
The front room lights work, switches and all. I might take a picture of this one. The chandelier was a .99 ebay auction we picked up in phoenix 3 years ago. It was wrought iron, with an arm broken and had sat out on a porch for a couple of years, after playing with it for a half a day my dad got it all together in working order, and we got it installed. It is really beautiful. The two light switches was a different matter altogether. That took 6 hours, as some crazy help we had (one transient or another) totally screwed up the wiring. The ceiling fans are beautiful. Need to find the blades for the other one though :P
The nook has tape and texture and an oak cubby/shelf in place. If only my kids would get used to actually hanging their stuff up there I might have better luck. Oh well, good habits take time I guess.
I have been working on getting kids help at school, and Taylor into preschool. Tomorrow we have more school meetings. Those take up more time than I realize.
Kids are signed up for 4-H. I am setting up to be a leader, but you now need to do fingerprints/background checks/etc. Wow, who knew?
I finally finished "The Host" and actually found I like it a tad bit more than the Twilight series. I hope Stephenie Meyer continues the series.
I finished my first college class, with a perfect score. Now I'm getting in the swing of things, being a student again, I think I can finish these classes a little faster and cut down the amount of time it takes to get that blasted degree.
Mark leaves for a week to camp out with work. I might have a ton to post then....
2 comments:
Glad to read all your updates. I loved The Host too. I think it would make a great movie if they don't mess it up like they did with Twilight. I mean, I liked the movie only because I LOVE the books so much, but the acting and special effects weren't good.
No, Twilight left much to be desired. Hopefully New Moon has the budget now that Twilight reaped in the big bucks!
Post a Comment