March 17, 2009

Our Crazy Life

Last week we signed up for Baseball Season. Only we have three kids three different ages. So we have Kat in Softball, Carlie in Coach Pitch and Mase in T-ball. We will be having games Monday thru Thurs. at 5:00 and two of those days we will have games at 6:30. What was I thinking?

We have eggs in the incubator, 20 of them set to hatch this FRIDAY! And somewhere between 10-20 will hatch the following Saturday. I have to be here to turn the eggs in the morning, afternoon, and night, and the tempurature keeps fluctuating evertime I add water or a storm moves in. It takes a lot of supervision, and constant attention. It's worse than a newborn. We also have 28 pullet chicks for our egg business in a brooder. Again, What was I thinking?

I just finished up my second class for my degree. Only 28 to go! In some ways Online classes are great because even when I procrastinate I get the class done (after missing out on Girls Night Out to finish my final *pout* ) but it is SO hard to pay attention to it, when you are just reading textbooks and doing a few online discussions. I miss college in a classroom. But I'm determined to finish this one, I need a degree under my belt, even if it's not my dream job (which I think would be Occupational Therapy if I had all the money and time I wanted). I accepted the scholarship, but again, what was I thinking!

I have been doing a few classes and parties for Mary Kay. I really enjoy doing it, I just wish I could give the stuff away for free. I am such a cheapskate every time I ask myself, would I pay full price for this? Most of the items I would but there are a few I would feel horrible selling even (Like the 7.50 Lip Balm ???) But it is my business, and the only business I have right now. I don't have enough eggs or chickens or even veggies from my garden to sell. That will be this summer. I just wonder what I was thinking when I thought "Oh! Let's do sales for income."

I think I was thinking I'm superwoman. Also, I feel better about myself when I keep busy. When I have nothing to do and sit home I get really depressed and stressed. This is much easier! I know something is going to break, but I seem to be holding my own against the odds. Just don't come visit, the house will still be under construction for a long foreseeable future!

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Hi Lexa, Loved your blog update. I didn't realize you were into so much! You're an awsome mom to support your kids and do so much. Best wishes on your house! Love, Lucy.