October 28, 2009

Strawberry Shortcake, Banana Split

I am known to be impulsive and spontaneous. If you are reading this blog, you know that by now. Most of the time, it is a little crazy, but works out fine. Other times...not so. I was shopping with the kids, and was in the beauty isle, when I decided to dye my hair. First of all, shopping with kids, I don't always make the wisest decisions. Second, I'm usually rushing, and trying to do three things at once. NOT the best time to be choosing a hair color. So instead of going with my gut feeling, I picked up the "logical" choice. I came home and looked and looked at it for 24 hours. Didn't think it was right but "logically" it was going to be alright, right? I had a bad feeling about the color, but did the research and this was supposed to be the right color/brand/etc. Nope, Here's what it looked like.
Yes, ORANGE, with splotches of burgundy and BLONDE that didn't even take. I don't know how it went all so terribly wrong, when you follow the directions implicitly. So I had to head to the store again and try and figure out how to fix it. Mark met me there after work where he saw it for the first time in real light and his jaw dropped open. Yes, it was BAD. So I knew I couldn't go back to blonde, but was scared what the red would do if I went to brown, so I did another red. It's not bad, but it's not exactly what I was going for.
Yes, It's that exact shade. I had this doll as a child and played with its hair often and it looks (and feels) just like the hair on my baby strawberry shortcake. I am thinking of getting some strawberry scent so I can smell like her too. The good news is, I can just tell everyone I did it for Halloween and get it fixed at the salon Monday right?

No comments: