February 3, 2010

Quick Updates

I know most people don't get the latest if I don't put it here. I usually love to only write if I have funny stories though! But here is the latest:

I started getting in the swing of things in my primary calling. I went to cub scout all day training last Saturday. Sunday they split the ward and we lost our President, in turn disbanding the rest of the presidency. Only the bishop asked us to continue on for the next couple of weeks until we get back in. We will see who is next in line and if I get called back in again.

The kids had love of reading week, and I went and read "Big Chickens" and "Big Chickens Fly The Coop" to the classes. They all loved it! I highly recommend you check them out.

I applied at a temp place so I can dip my toes into the corporate world one toe at a time. They had me take an office skills assessment. According to them, I have 77 WPM typing with no mistakes, over 12,000 keystrokes per hour for data entry with no mistakes, and I'm in the 95 percentile on recognizing spelling, punctuation, and grammar mistakes. Apparently they have never read my blog.

I had my first assignment yesterday, being a receptionist for a Behavioral Health Clinic. This clinic is where the courts assigned drug and alchol abuses for counseling and group therapy for anger management, recovery, relapse prevention, and the such. Let's just say I have the most colorful characters on the phone and coming into the office. And I have never seen an office where the phone rang literally every 5 seconds! It was crazy. More stories from that day later....

I'm happy with our ward, our home, and my neighborhood. I miss my animals more than anything, but we will see where the future takes us!

1 comment:

Sommer said...

Just when you get use to something, they throw a wrench in it.
I worked at a Behavioral Clinic for almost three years... we should compare stories sometime!
Glad to hear you like your surroundings.