May 22, 2010

Taylor's Birthday Cake

Don't worry, I'm not going into business anytime soon. But I do enjoy making a few cake wrecks every year. They seem to like it!



Everything is Super Mario Brothers this year with Taylor. It is a nice change from "Cars" though I should brace myself for the new movie coming out next year. It will start the fad all over again.

This cake was about four layers plus mini cupcakes, it took 7 cake mixes, 2 lbs of powdered sugar, and a pound of butter. It took me almost all day to bake, frost, and decorate. It was worth it though.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

That's awesome! I now it's not perfect, but it's a fabulous cake! :)

Lindsey said...

(know)

Ky said...

I wouldn't call it a cake wreck, as I've seen plenty of professional bakers place a blob of frosting, stick a pick in it and call it a "character cake". Your cake has so much detail and looks awesome, and Taylor was just beaming in the video! Just goes to show you that when it's made with love all the imperfections are overlooked.

Lexa said...

Aww, Thanks Ky :) It was a work of love, I wouldn't do anything that took that much work for anyone I didn't love!

Rebel said...

I want a Mario cake for MY BIRTHDAY!