Today has been especially hard for me, and I know its time to just buckle up and start thinking about all the great opportunities I have. I push myself too hard, then wonder why I fail.
I have had midterms and got a 77% on my math exam. Yesterday my biology exam time was up and I still had 10 blank, and quickly filled in what ever I thought was the right answer in 30 seconds or less. Thank goodness it was such a big room they didn't demand pencils down since it was chaos, everyone turning in their tests. Either way, I know the results are going to be less than stellar. It's hard going from 4.0 student to struggling to get a C. This semester I am reminded of all the learning difficulties I had growing up, and I have a renewed sense of what school is like for my kids with learning disabilities. Reading comprehension is still difficult and understanding math is very frustrating. I average 3-5 hours of study per day, along with the 3 hours in class. I am grateful that I am heading back to school with a knowledge of my weaknesses, even though I have to fight through them.
The only real setback is right now when it is fall break, and the kids have time off of school, and I don't. They want to go on vacation and see everything, and instead they are home waiting for me and Mark. We did get to go to the Graham County Fair. One day though, and we are done with the crowds and noise! It was great seeing all the animals again though. Someday soon we'll get our farm animals back! That's all the happenings from Tucson. Until Thanksgiving break at least!
2 comments:
wow that post sounds all too familiar (as I write a final comment before bed, here it is 2:30am and I just finished my math homework in time to get a few hours of sleep before class at 9). I dunno if it's any consolation prize but for awhile I thought I was the only one in the family with a reading comprehension problem. When I read more than a few sentences my mind tends to wander and I have to go back and re-read just to make sure I'm still aware of the subject. Some content is harder than others of course.
Keep at it. I'm right there with you. Here I am so very excited to become a dad (!) around this time next month (!!) all the while thinking "and finals are going to suck!!!"
somehow we survive though. good luck sis~ but you'll do great.
Homework, tests and kids, OH MY. These are the reasons I am fighting the urge to go back to school. The homework and tests are my biggest fears. Keep up with it. You WILL get it.
Post a Comment