I didn't want all of February to go by without any post, but just realized this is pretty much my last chance! We have been super busy this month getting ready for SPRING! (Note the new garden layout in celebration, I LOVE the early spring).
We have finally installed the gas line, got it approved through county and Southwest Gas, and have HEAT! Just in time for the 90 degree tempuratures this week, of course! I know we will have another cold snap before the end of winter, so I will be ready this time.
We have been pruning, and trimming, and pruning, and we still have half the trees to go. Our yard is in such sad shape from being gone last year, it will take three years to catch up with the watering and trimming. We have been planting seeds in our little greenhouses for our garden. My flowers are all sprouted, and some tomatoes. The peppers aren't there yet. We have been busy clearing an area for a garden and almost have that ready. We burned down the old chicken coops and that will be our garden area. The soil is so good, most likely since there was 20 years of chicken manure there.
We have been busy coming up with NEW chicken coop plans, and collecting eggs. We now get about 4 a day for eating, and we have 2 a day we are getting ready to incubate. I also found out our call ducks have a hidden nest in the back, and two eggs! I am not touching that, I'm going to let nature do that one, apparently call ducks are the hardest to hatch out.
We have a new puppy, Sunnie Rose. Actually, her real name is Sunlight Falling on Rose Petals*. She's was a flower before this host*. It is obvious because she has reflective baby blue eyes*.
I had a rough month with a back spasm (seriously that term is way too weak for how bad that felt), I hated being immobile when I had all the garden, animals, kids, and yard to attend to. But I just that to watch out how I lift things while trying to be Superwoman.
Mark camps out again next week. We will see what other trouble we can get into!
*If you have not read Stephenie Meyer's "The Host" this will not make sense. Go read it, I loved it, I think I liked it more than the Twilight saga.
1 comment:
I know I shouldn't covet, but I really love your life right now. You get to garden and raise animals and let your kids run around in a very safe yard. So great!
Yes, I read The Host and I think I like it more than Twilight too! I mean, Twilight is a great high-school love story, but The Host is more mature and I really like it.
Post a Comment