April 23, 2009

Somethings Fowl.....

I am in the middle of my second incubator hatch. These are my full sized ones from John Mosley. I have 8 hatched out right now, with a few more pipped.

I also purchased some Black Australorps from the Maricopa County Fair.

If you didn't know how tall I was you might think this is a small chicken, but no, it's not. Sorry for the picture quality from a phone picture. But the great thing about this guy is how gentle he is.

We named him Tarzan after his crow bounced all around the farm and we heard it clear as a bell across the field. His Gals are names Jane and Cheetah. I am very excited to start in with some full sized birds. Wish us luck!

5 comments:

Realtor said...

hey wasn't that the monster from cloverfield or something? it's HUGE!

Lindsey said...

That's the biggest chicken I've ever seen!! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog on Lucy's I am going to add you to mine. Hope that is okay :)

Mine is at darylmisty.blogspot.com

BTW you are so brave. I am not scared of very many things but I am scared/have a fobia of chickens. I know it is crazy but I can never seem to get over it.

You go girl! I am sure the kids love it!

Erin said...

I didn't know you had a blog! How fun is that????? C-ya!

Didion 6-Pack said...

Oops I guess I was signed in under my Gold Canyon blog, I keep our family one separate. Check it out if you wish www.didionfam.blogspot.com