I woke up at 5:45, with the full intention of going back to bed when the kids got on the bus. I stayed up past midnight working on the Spanish I had forgot to do last month. Okay, so it was always in the back of my mind, like the BioPsych that is a few chapters behind, but I always figure I will be able to catch up....someday. I explained my life as a firefighter. Every day I wake up, and conquer the fires that are going to rage out of control if I don't take care of them. But I think it was Mr. Covey who said you can't get anything done if you're only putting out hot spots. If not, he should of said that. What I really need to become is a Fire Preventer. Someone to go through and see what the problems will be before they become problems. So, as I sit here typing about how I should be preventative, I am stalling on another paper. But my mother says that I'm so busy telling all of facebook about my life, I forget that there are blog readers who don't use facebook....I have no idea who those people are, but I will try just the same.
Mark- Aceing Spanish 102, trying to tutor his wife, who is less than competent in Spanish.
Lexa- Currently procrastinating, but surviving none the less. Grades are still good (except Spanish), and I'm starting to feel like I have control over a bit of my life. I also toured Midwestern University and saw their Occupational Therapy program. It would be a nice dream, but I don't see how I would ever want to spend 67,000 for tuition. That doesn't include the logistics of commuting or moving. I will have to think seriously before heading down that road.
Katrina- Finished the Basketball season with an awesome steal. Track and Field next week!
Caroline-Finished Winter Volleyball. We'll be taking a break till Fall.
Mason- First Violin Review today, and we are starting to show progress on Twinkle Twinkle!
Taylor- Got to see a bobcat from the window Saturday, and thought it was so "cute" and wanted to go outside and see it. Thankfully it only stayed for a short nap.
As a whole, my parents helped us move out some of the excess furniture we had accumulated since we didn't purge when we moved here. It's nice to be able to walk around my bedroom without wall to wall furniture. The kids also performed in Vail Pride Day, a mini-county fair for our school district. It is so much fun seeing them grow up!
That's it for now, unless I can get photos to load.
2 comments:
I need to blog more often too, just can't seem to find the motivation! Glad you're all surviving!
I love checking blogger and seeing all the posts! I need to do it more too!
Post a Comment