May 16, 2008

Out of the Mouth of Babes

This week seemed to be the funny story week.  Wednesday Mason was supposed to go with his class on a field trip to the movies.  Instead of wanting to go, he woke up and refused to go.  I called the school to see what the movie would be to see if I could intice him.   It was some Dinosaurs with Sesame Street.  

I told Mason that and he states "I hate Elmo"  I explained that there were Dinosaurs that he learned about in school that week, and he replied "Daddy doesn't go to school, He teaches people how to Drive!"  Then he pretended to drive around the room.   We then went into how he was going to be JUST like DADDY and not watch Elmo or go to school again.  (Doesn't that make you feel wonderful!)

We had a good laugh, and I called Mark who explained when he was 5 he LOVED dinosaurs and school.  Mason never did give in (He explained to me just 5 minutes ago he still hates Elmo) but at least he wants to go back to school. 

Well, I got my moment today when we went through the Drive-Thru at Wendy's for food.  They handed us Frosties and then asked us to pull forward and wait for the rest of the order.  When they delivered the food, I asked if they put spoons in the bag.  He replied "Ummm, They should have" 

Later after we pull away and Katrina asks for a spoon, I look and sure enough, no spoons!  She replied with more wisdom than a 9 year old should "If they respond with an Ummm, you should double check the bag"    I mentioned she was right and she said "It's because of my natural born instincts."  

I laughed a little and said "You must get those from your Dad"   She agreed and said "Yea, I do.  I don't think you have any natural instincts, Mom"   

Gee, Thanks!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

LOL! That cheeky little girl is so cute! I love it!