But it goes beyond that. She is encouraging kids all over to pick a cause and raise money during the summer for it. Katrina is a little girl with a huge heart always wanting to help those less fortunate and when we read about Malaria and how a child dies every 30 seconds in Africa from it, her poor heart just looked like it was about to break! She decided she right then she wanted to open a lemonade stand and a bake sale and sell jewelry we were making earlier today to raise money for bed nets. (She didn't even get to the part that the kid who raises the most money wins 2 AI Finale Tickets).
So, being the mom that I am, I am trying to get the word out and help all I can. I posted a donation button at brookesbandwagon.com for those who want to help. Please let all your friends and other family members know. Malaria is a completely preventable disease that was eradicated from the United States more than 50 years ago. Please join Katrina and I in this cause!
Thanks,
Lexa and Katrina M.
No comments:
Post a Comment